Chandan or Sandalwood is a pure and pacifying fragrance that instantly uplifts mood and brings tranquillity to the mind. Offered to the divine during religious ceremonies in India, it is highly venerated and has been used as a staple Puja Samagri element in different forms since the Vedic times. Incense sticks are one of the most commonly used forms of Sandalwood and come with various perks for everyday life. In this blog, we explore the top five benefits of Chandan agarbatti that you must experience for a rejuvenating and unforgettable experience.
Why use Chandan agarbatti?
Soothing & serenity-inducing Chandan is a healer in the true sense. In the agarbatti form, you can experience the advantages of its calming aroma anywhere, anytime. Whether it is your office, home or any other space, lighting a Chandan agarbatti can transform it into a blissful environment for everyone.
When is it best to use Chandan agarbatti?
Its versatility is what makes Chandan agarbatti stand out amongst other fragrances. You can use it at any time of the day, whether it is to find calmness during gloomy days or to instil auspiciousness in religious ceremonies.
Five mesmerizing benefits of Chandan agarbatti
- Relieves Anxiety – Feeling stressed? Sandalwood incense exudes an aroma that can uplift your senses and pour tranquillity over your exhausted mind. Light a Chandan agarbatti when you feel low and let peace takeover your tense senses.
- Improves sleep quality – Insomnia is an inevitable result of modern stressful life. Burning a Chandan agarbatti can not only help you unwind after an exhausting day but also induce a calm and peaceful sleep without any disruptions!
- Fortifies meditation – Finding it difficult to concentrate during meditation? You can find your lost spirituality and focus in the enthralling and woody aroma of sandalwood incense. This fragrance has the powerful ability to impact the chakras positively for a balanced and holistic meditation experience. It is also known to dissuade negativity and alleviate positive vibes in the ambience with its aroma further enhancing your yoga and meditation sessions.
- Purifies the air – Bad odour in the ambience can tarnish your mood and also of those around you. The delightful fragrance of Chandan incense acts as an easy to use and potent air freshener that instantly overpowers any undesirable smell in the air with its captivating, fragrant and long-lasting aroma.
- Enhances Religious rituals – India is a country of people who have their faith and culture deeply embedded in religious ceremonies and rituals that invoke various divine deities. Chandan or Sandalwood has been an irreplaceable part of these ceremonies for generations. Sometimes used as a paste to apply over the forehead or as an incense stick or cone to connect with the divine, Chandan agarbatti enhances every religious ritual. It makes these rituals and festivities more vibrant, auspicious and pious with its unique and lasting aroma.
The name Chandan or Sandalwood instantly fills up your senses with the memory of its one-of-a-kind, sweet yet mysterious fragrance. Adding these top benefits of the Chandan agarbatti aroma in your daily routine can make it a joyful and relaxing experience, rendering you with an optimistic and revitalizing outlook towards life.